Please have your trash cart by the street on your pick-up day by 7:00 a.m. as the garbage truck will start picking up trash starting at 7 a.m.
- Trash must be inside cart, located by the street and the lid must be closed
- The silver bar on the cart must face the street
- The cart must be at least four feet from all structures and mailboxes
- No lumber or hazardous material may be disposed of inside cart
- All trash must be bagged
- No trash will be picked up off the ground
- Make sure your trash cart is not placed under powerlines or low hanging trees
Your trash will not be emptied unless all of the rules above are followed.
Trash carts must be removed from the curb within 24 hours of your trash being picked up.
If your trash runs on a day that the City of Monticello is closed, it’ll be picked up on Wednesday of the same week.
If you need another trash cart, there is a onetime charge of $70.
Call the Water Office at City Hall for more information or any questions at 870-367-4400
WARD 1 MONDAY
WARD 2 TUESDAY
WARD 3 THURSDAY
WARD 4 FRIDAY
Holiday schedule is what day the holiday is that day will be picked up on Wednesday (Example Monday is a Holiday trash will be picked up on Wednesday.
Just a Reminder about bulk trash pick up that the city will not pick up everything that you may put out. Below are examples of rejected situations on bulk pick up day at the City of Monticello. This service is not intended for construction debris, sofas, or mattresses. These types of items CANNOT be picked up by City employees. The transfer station is open Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30 for citizens to drop off such items. This service is specifically designed for citizens to set out 2 to 3 items that will not fit in the trash can and that they cannot physically get to the transfer station themselves.