Paid for by your monthly Trash Collection Fee
The City of Monticello's Bulky Waste Collection Program is a part of a continuing effort to improve the quality of life for all residents. Less garbage sitting around will provide a safer place for all residents to work and play and keep the city looking its best.
To have bulky items picked up by the city crews on the weekly Wednesday collection program, residents must have items placed at the curb (within 5 feet of the edge of the street or sidewalk) by 7am. Bulky items should not be placed at the curb earlier than the day before collection day.
- Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, hot water heaters, etc. Freon must be removed and tagged by an EPA-certified technician).
- E-waste (electronics, computers, TV's, etc.)
- Outdoor tools (lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc. Oil and Fuel must be removed).
- Construction waste (drywall, paneling, wood, piping, etc. Take to County Landfill or rent a construction box).
- Household garbage (place in curb carts for Residential Collection Program).
- Commercial garbage (place in dumpster for Commercial Collection Program).
- Liquids and paint (take to County Landfill).
- Dirt and rocks (take to County Landfill).
- Yard waste (see Yard Waste Collection Program).
- Cardboard (see Recycling Collection Program).
- Hazardous waste (automotive fluids, batteries, cleaning chemicals, herbicides, medical waste, solvents, etc).
If you have questions regarding acceptable items for pick-up or pick-up schedules, please call City Hall, 870-367-4400.